Re: weekly report week 11-12

Joey Hess wrote:
Apologies for the third summary covering two weeks in a row. I will get
back to proper weekly summaries ASAP.

          + Done in the past two weeks.
              * wrote patch to add bug dependency info to debian BTS
              * released d-i rc3 (most of the effort went here)
              * continued tracking new security holes in sarge and NMUing to
                fix holes
              * fixed debian-edu security issues page
          + Plans for next week
              * Keep working on sarge security.
	      * Now that rc3 is done, I cen direct more time back to
	        debian-edu proper again. I'm far enough out of the loop
		that I will first need to get some current images and do
		some installs to see what needs working on, so I cannot
		list it here. Suggestions are welcomed.

From the installer point of view - getting autopartkit to work with 2.6 kernel (and lvm2) would be nice. Maybe even better would be to get partman to work with predefined schemas, with support for lvm and md

others:
It seems that debian-edu-reporterr fails to detect that the installation has failed. If you just reenables the duplicate ldap schema i commented out, a lot of things fail, but reporterr fails to detect this. Also if you add a unterminated string in cfengine, the installation fails.

what else ?
I think I've managed to get most of the installation working, and most of the anoying bugs out of the way
- munin-node initialisation doesn't hang anymore (but I dont think the
  workaround is the correct way to deal with the bug)
- root logins are allowed on servers.

ahh yes. autofs-ldap needs work. I think that one is important.
and also smtp setup.

take a look at the bottom of my document and see whats else.

// faj