nagios in skolelinux sarge

As part of a student-project we've implemented the nagios-cfg from woody with a few adjustments and a script for adding passive hosts to a central in a distributed-monitoring environment.

We've not yet made the script for changing the names of hosts(tjener to tjener-moelv for instance) locally for easy identification in a distributed-monitoring environment, but it'll come. So do this manually for now.

If someone would care to test this package and mail me bugs and flaws, I would appreciate it. It will set things up with the Norwegian hostname-types.

Get the package here: http://hovedprosjekter.hig.no/v2005/data/Gr8_Nettverk/files/ncs-sarge.0.1-2.deb

Before installing it on the main-server, you have to have nagios (nagios-text and nagios-common),nsca and libnetaddr-ip-perl installed, get both via apt-get if not allready installed.

This will set up the nagios-config for your local skolelinux-network like in the old woody. The services which are preconfigured will come up, but I have to know which services that should be monitored so I can add these.

To get the distributed-monitoring to work you have to edit the submit_check_result_via_nsca script, on the distributed server (tjener on your local network) and type the address to the central-server, which also "has to" have this package installed. If this is done correctly you should now run the add-passive script on the central server to add hosts you would like to monitor. The hostnames you add have to be the same names which are set up locally.

I've tested this package myself on a pr01-system.

-Halvor