Weekly report from week 7-10

It has been a breathtaking month with fighting against the Norwegian
implementation of EUCD.  We want to tweak this bill to promote
competition. This is a cause we don't decides the agenda. It's just
the opposite. We have to be on alert and on our toes to get our voice
heard. We got opportunity to do so at the Norwegian parliament, and in
The Ministry of Modernisation about. We have also got almost every
youth party in Norway on our side. The EUCD as is, will be
implemented. But we could probably get it tweaked our way.

http://linuxreviews.org/news/2005/03/02_01_efn_gives_norwegian_goverment_mp3_player_in_protest/

Also work has been done to inform about what the unfortunate
patent-directive from EU will enforce on the Norwegian software
industry.

* Next meetings

- 15. March Tuesday 14:00 Meeting with Novell about OpenOffice

- 16. March Wednesday 14:00 Workshop about the ITIL-dokumentasjon

- 24. March Thursday 15:00 (trawel from Oslo 13:00) The
      gathering. Telling about free software and EUCD.
      http://www.gathering.org/espresso/

- 29. March Friday.  ITIL-documentation <fixme: Check the time.>

-  5. April Telephone meeting between a lot of people about OpenOffice

-  5. and 6. of April seminar about centralised opeations and promoting
      Skolelinux

* Meetings week 7-10

- 15. February Tuesday 09:20-09:50 Keynote HP Linux and Open Source
      Roadshow

- 15. February Tuesday Lunch speach at The Ministry of Modernisation
      about «Intelectual rights in the information society» with
      Thomas Gramstad, Knut Yrvin, and Bjørn Remseth. We talked mostly
      about EUCD and the Norwegian implementation of the directive
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EUCD)

- 24. February Thursday 10:00 The City Council of Akershus with Stein
      Lier. The first intervju about economics and organisation of the
      ICT-operation in primary schools.

- 28. February Monday 12:00 The Municipality of Kongsvinger with Trond
      Mælum. The second interview about economics and organisation of
      the centralised operation with free software.

- 28. February Monday. Meeting with Rafael Montero, Argentina.  He
      want's to help the schools in a poor city in the North of
      Argentina.
- 1.  March Tuesday 10:00. The Municipality of Hurum with the
      ICT-staf The second interview about economics and organisation
      of the centralised operation with free software.
- 1.  March Tuesday 10:00.  Workshop about ITIL-documentation
- 2.  March Wednsday 09:00. About economics and organisation of the
      centralised operation with free software with Halvor Dahl,
      Telecomputing.
- 3.  March Thuesday. Debate about EUCD at The University of Bergen,
      Institute of information- and media science.
- 4.  March Friday 10:00 About IKT-ABC and participation from
      Skolelinux in this project on making strategy for pedagogic,
      organisational, and technical issues in the School
      http://iktabc.no/default.aspx
- 4.  March Friday 12:30. The Norwegian Parliament. A short meeting
      about EUCD - and handing over an iPod to the members in The
      Standing Committee on Family, Cultural Affairs and Government
      Administration.
- 7.  March Monday. Meeting in the City of Gjøvik about the new
      EUCD-directive.
- 9.  March Wednesday  14:00 Workshop about the ITIL-dokumentasjon
- 11. March National Conference about OpenOffice
      http://www.mr-fylke.org/IT/OO-seminar.nsf/Hoved?OpenFrameset
      Kl 12:15 Lillestroem Forum Arena (Rainbow hotell)

* Work

- Prepared a 7 presentations
- A whole lot of travelling
- A lot of e-mails to people with strategic questions concerning use
  of Skolelinux
- Wrote 4 articles
- Wrote the annually report to The Ministry of Education
  http://developer.skolelinux.no/rapporter/2005-02-25-ufd-rapport.html
- Wrote e-mail about prioritising the efforts when translating
  OpenOffice
- Wrote a lot e-mails about DRM, and open standards
- A handfull interviews with national newspapers, and radio
- Mentoring of student groups
  http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/

* Next step

- Writing the report to The Ministry of Education and Science
- Keep up the good work with centralised operations with enterprise
  Skolelinux
- Making people use the IKT-ABC-framework
  http://iktabc.no
- Making a leadership guide for how to facilitate open source projects
- Following up the question about making Debian Edu weekly news (VB)
- Postponed until further notice () at ITU about IKT-ABC (www.iktabc.no)
      with Ingunn Stubdal <ingunn.stubdal@itu.uio.no>
      http://www.itu.no/Personer/ingunn

      IKT-ABC is a practical pedagogic instruction program for the
      schools management who wish an whole approach for use of ICT at
      the school.
      http://www.iktabc.no/Topics/default.aspx
- Probably left something out

By Knut Yrvin 17th March 2005