Re: problem with creating a machine account (sarge)

Ralf Gesel|ensetter schrieb:

Did you define a samba password by entering

# smbpasswd root
yes id did , and also i tried the way by removing root from samba
then create  new with

smbpasswd -a root

if i create new users with wlus, it works fine with this password.
The Problem is to create the machine account, because xp always tells me that there is no user root.

when i touch the log of the client in /var/samba/
on tjener :
----------------------------------
Undefined subroutine &main: :read_adduser_config called at /etc/samba/smbaddclient.pl line 20, <DATA> line 225.
---------------------------------

the script smbaddclient.pl has no line 225 and in
ldap-users.pl in line 225 there is
#search for users in a given domain $basedn.
sub ldap_search_users ..........

I think, that there is something wrong with the smbaddclient.pl

There is another message in log.smbd that i don´t understand:
---------
param/loadparm.c:map_parameter(2448)
Unknown parameter encountered: "revalidate"
param/loadparm.c:lp_do_parameter (3138)
Ignorimg unknown parameter "revalidate"

Thanks for help
Bernd Grah
Sternlinux

(as explained on http://skolelinux.de/postinstall.html) ?

The wlus password is not the same as the wlus password.

Regards
Ralf.