Re: Why CMS instead of integration with Debian web?

Am Tuesday 15 March 2005 12:43 schrieb Knut Yrvin:

> I stopped your question when you wanted to redefine the web-site to be a
> developer wide solution. The web-site shall be a medium for teachers
> and desitionmakers. We already have a web-site for developers.

Sounds like explicitly dividing and aritificially increasing the distance
between developers and users. Sounds like a bussiness plan. Is this
beneficial for debian-edu?

On the other hand it does not seem to say why organizing the "static" part of
the organizational (.org) web site and the relevant parts of the developer's
web site in a single way would be a bad idea.

Someone has to setup and maintain the new system anyway. It seems reasonable
to do the static part of the web the debian way to benefit from debian-wide
collaboration. If I am not mistaken, help to set it up was offered.

Wouldn't it make sense to use the "centralised"/"static" system broughtly, and
combine it for example with eZ to support local, distributed and merging of
activities from existing local communities.

Would integrating the delelopers's web into a debian-www system make simple
file uploads or CVS managed files etc. imposible for developers? Or does it
break anything else?

Regards,
Christian