Re: Why CMS instead of integration with Debian web? (was: What's wrong with Plone?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

If I would be able to decide I would put the static content to this
place and would go only for the dynamic content (developer gatherings,
dates, whatever) with any CMS of your choice.
Perhaps the Skolelinux web content is considered generally less static
than that of the Debian website?
Sure - that's why I proposed to have a static part and something you
could do with some more simple things.  Even WikiMedia might do.  But
I must have missed something if there is not a certain amount of information
which is quite static and not really such a moving target that debian-www
would not fit.

I think I heard that when initially setting up the Skolelinux Plone site
it was chosen to _not_ use a layout of a single master language
(english) and have all other languages translated from that. Instead,
each language sub-site was made independent of the others. So maybe the
additional maintainance burden on all language teams was chosen
deliberately in order to preserve the freedom of everybody being the
webmaster or something?
Hmmmm, wasn't the argument that ist should be easy to provide content
even for teachers.  If this should really work I wished I would have
choosen the teacher study curses to reach such high intellectual skills
to learn to heard this can of worms.

No need to cc debian-edu - the list is, ahem, subscribed to itself... ;-)
;-))) thanks for the hint ... :)
(on the other hand I doubt that because it would be a recursive mailing
list which would run Denial of service attacks against itself.)

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de