Re: choosing software applications

Hi Bernd

Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 14:48 schrieb bernd:
> An Installation of the workstation with more questions about using
> software could bee a way, but that is a way with many work for you-

This would be especially more "work" for unskilled teachers who are
meant to be able install the system out of the box :)

Personally, I also support the idea of diversity rather than an
one-app-per-task approach. On the other hand, I understand that too
much is rather confusing than helping. Here my suggestion would be to
re-arrange the kmenu accordingly. For now, many important applications
are hidden in a subtree "Debian".

If to decide what applications are the most favoured ones -
popularity-contest could be an option. Maybe one has to replace its
mailing core with some http thing to send back feedbacks even without
working mailing system.

Just my 16 öre
Regards
Ralf.