Re: sarge installer

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
Hi,
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
but yes - it's a bug, and I think it's fixed in later builds. I would have to check debian-edu-config (I think) for when the bug was fixed. It seems to have been fixed "2005-02-18 16:34:59" in svn, so a later image should have that fixed, but I have not been able to verify this. But it is of course possible for other to fix this.
I take it that's this one, thanks.  I had only looked in skolelinux BTS.

Personally, I'd have preferred a solution where the installer creates a
user account and leave kdm refusing root but I won't argue.

That is the default for a standalone profile, and I think also a workstation, but a server should not be public availible anyway. But it's not impossible to add an other machine to the network and use that one to set up the extra user account.

Please also check that it's a known bug in Debian BTS. if not, use reportbug to report it.

Do you mean the one above or somewhere else?  Surely this is only a bug in
debian-edu?

Yes, but the debian-edu package is part of debian. and for debian-packages you should use debian BTS.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen, faj@bzz.no
http://bzz.no