Re: skolelinux og selinux

On 20-02-2005 21:20, Herman Robak wrote:
>  This thread originated on linuxiskolen@skolelinux.no,
> in Norwegian.  Any translation errors are mine.
>
> On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 19:58, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>

>>On 20-02-2005 14:24, Herman Robak wrote:

>>> The external apt-source
>>>deb http://www.coker.com.au/newselinux/ ./
>>>
>>>... has 16 packages:
>>><http://www.coker.com.au/newselinux/Packages.gz>
>>>
>>> Including base packages like libpam and sysvinit, and
>>>essential tools such as dpkg and ssh.  These packages
>>>must be modified to be used under SELinux.
>

>>These packages are made by a reputable Debian developer, but outside
>>of Debian (so they are not watched for security holes).
>>
>>Is this something that Skolelinux recommends officially -
>>and why speak of it here and not on debian-edu?

>  Any official recommendation of SELinux would be _very_
> premature.  I pointed to the apt-source "For Your Information",
> as a response to Petter and Morten.
>
>  However, I would like to hear about any experiences with
> SELinux, to assess how useful it could be for debian-edu.
> The uog-rwx permission matrix of UNIX is a bit coarse.

Unfortunately I have no insight to add about SELinux - just (as usual)
want technical discussions to take place in our international technical
forum.

Regards,

 - Jonas

P.S.

I have responded _only_ on this list instead of cross-posting. I
recommend _moving_ threads (and only advertise the move on the old list)
instead of cross-posting.

- --