Re: Summary of last week's meeting with eZ.

Dear Alex,

thank you very much for your thorough summary of the talks we had at
Ulsrud. Push and pull factors for a possible migration from plone to
eZ /ee-zee/ Publish are made clear.

Am Samstag, 5. Februar 2005 17:52 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> On 05-02-2005 16:58, Alex Brasetvik wrote:
> > The reason why we are considering to switch from Plone[2] is that
> > we have some issues -- mainly in the workflow -- with Plone today,
> > which eZ is able to remedy. Unless you can get hold of free
> > professional support from developers behind another CMS in
> > question, we aren't interested in doing yet another CMS-debate.
>
> Why all the arguments and the long mail, if there is no room for
> debate?

Dear Jonas, as you mention below, there have been debates - and at some
point a decision has to be made; not by Alex for himself (he certainly
wouldn't like the idea), but (as mostly within open source developing)
by those who _do_ it, after all. As I agree with Alex: If there is a
chance to get comparable professional assistance with any other CMS,
the destination of the considered migration might be discussed.

> And where are the results of earlier debates?

This thread just started a 2nd round of discussing the migration. That's
surely a major goal of Alex's posting ;)

>  - Jonas

Regards to Denmark
Ralf.