Req.: experiences with standalone profile

Hi there,

on the web pages, standalone profile is said to be devised especially
for laptops that are not always connected to tjener. This defines the
goals of the profile quite well, but leaves some question to those who
didn't find the time to try it out, yet.

Obviously standalone encourages the usage of local accounts. To what
extend are the pros of a workstation installation available to
standalone installations whenever you connect them to your tjener?

I remember a flaw in manual partitioning with that profile, could
anyone, please, report the current state?

All questions refer to both: Venus 1.0r2 and Alpha-Sarge-bzzware.

(Maybe I should start a matrix for it ;)

Thank you - and sorry in case I missed something (until having asked
about standalone I never had cared about it)

Regards
Ralf.