Re: Fwd: Sarge - Installation stops at sd_mod

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 08:26:47PM +0100, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Hi faj :)
>
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Dezember 2004 19:36 schrieb Finn-Arne Johansen:
> > It may be possible to build an image with 2.6 kernel, but then you
> > cant use autopartkit, and you have to partition the drive yourself. I
> > hav vagely looked at providing a schema for partman, but that's just
>
> ah, there was another issue with autopartkit (sarge-*-1 image): it was
> said that the logical volumes like home0 take only up half the size
> available - and resizing being too complicated to teachers.

autopartkit now will create better partitions sizes, but you dont
really want a huge home0.

> is this still true? is the schema documented after which autopartkit
> calculates sizes? Is manual partitioning (or the use of existing
> partitions) supported in the sarge versions already?

You will find the autopartkit schemas at
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/debian-edu-install/autopartkit/?cvsroot=debian-edu

> > vagely. If someone could point me to the documentation on how to add
> > a custom schema for partman I would be happy.
> ok, I see, this is the point :)

Another possible solution is to fix autopartkit to work together with
lvm2, then it could work with 2.6-kernels.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no