Re: Fwd: Sarge - Installation stops at sd_mod

Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
Hi, this request was posted to our German list - maybe here is a better chance to get it answered.

Coarse contents:

Georg tried to install bzz image (sarge) but due to poor raid/sata experience, he dowsn't get any further than this: Installation stops while inserting module "sd_mod". As Knoppix can access the hardware very well, SATA or Raid controller might be the problem.

No, I guess he maybe needs 2.6 kernel.
Or he can switch his sata controller to a "legacy ATA mode". Not Sure if it works as I have not any s-ata drives at all. It may be possible to build an image with 2.6 kernel, but then you cant use autopartkit, and you have to partition the drive yourself. I hav vagely looked at providing a schema for partman, but that's just vagely. If someone could point me to the documentation on how to add a custom schema for partman I would be happy.

PowerPC uses 2.6 and works like a charm :)

Configuration:
Intel Xeon 2,8 Ghz
PCI Silicon image 3112a Controller
2x WD740gd (74 GB Raptor)