Re: NFS disconnects periodically

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:22:46PM +0100, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2004 15:14 schrieb C. Gatzemeier:
> > > I referred to the default of inetd.
> >
> > If those and other default settings are too low for quite common
> > school situtiations skolelinux should maybe change them to more
> > appropriate values.
>
> Hi there,
>
> we found something: Our LTSP can't keep nscd running, it crashes with
> segmentation fault. This causes the system to request each single bit
> of information from ldap (at least slapd on tjener rises up in top a
> lot as soon as nscd crashes).
>
> This issue seems to be connected to "Delay in LDAP lookups."
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200307/msg00398.html

Just curious - would it help to not use automounting from ldap ?
and not use netgroups, but hardcode the IP-adresses that are allowed to
mount over NFS? This will give the ldap server a lot less stress.

But we really need to find out why nscd segfaults.

Could it be that there is an error in the config-file for nscd ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no