Re: NFS disconnects periodically

Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2004 15:14 schrieb C. Gatzemeier:
> > I referred to the default of inetd.
>
> If those and other default settings are too low for quite common
> school situtiations skolelinux should maybe change them to more
> appropriate values.

Hi there,

we found something: Our LTSP can't keep nscd running, it crashes with
segmentation fault. This causes the system to request each single bit
of information from ldap (at least slapd on tjener rises up in top a
lot as soon as nscd crashes).

This issue seems to be connected to "Delay in LDAP lookups."
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200307/msg00398.html

Hints for next steps welcome.
Regards
Ralf