Re: Error testing net for thinclients

fredag 10. desember 2004, 15:34, skrev Gavin McCullagh:
| Hi Axel,
|
| On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Axel Bojer wrote:
| > it says:
| > #  subnet 10.0.2.0 netmask 255.255.254.0 {
| > #
| > #     range 10.0.2.100 10.0.3.242;
| > #  }
| >
| > This means: This entry is commented out in my file, so what is the
| > standard for this then?
|
| What changes have you made to dhcpd exactly?  When did you make them?  Did
| you just comment out the above or are other things different too?
|
| Perhaps you might attach your /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf file.
|
| > PS: Our net is not standard anymore,
|
| Indeed.
|
| > because we had to adapt it to the net on AFK where this server is
| > embedded.
|
| So some other server is doing DHCP for the main network?  Presumably the
| server is still doing DHCP for the thin client network.  The thin client
| network is totally isolated from the main network, right?
|
| Any other network related changes?

The ip-adresses had to be changed, and we worked a lot with this to make it
work because this is really non-standard Skolelinux, and no Tools exists
(yet) to change this.
We changed:
etc/host*
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/resolv.conf
etc/exports
etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
/etc/bind/*
/etc/bind/debian-edu
and, of course,
/etc/apt/sources.list
But nothing should be any different from before the Move of the server, so if
not some automatic tool has changed this (which should not be the case) this
should be ok.

Hmm. What *could* be the case, though, is local changes from the it-staff in
the setup for ip-adresses. I ought to think about that before, but when I
think of it this could well be the Problem. But I can not find this out
before monday, because the man in charge for this is not here today.

I will ask him as fast as I can, I have just sent him a mail, but he probably
wont answer until tomorrow when he is back at work.
I am returning to you with more information when this is cleared.
Thanks very much for all help.

| > We also has used testing because we had to have the last version of OOo.
|
| Did you just take one or two packages from testing or did you upgrade to
| testing?

As far as I can remeber we upgraded to testing from woody

| The latest OOo can be got by using a backport (unofficial package
| compiled for stable) but now is not the time to get into that.

I am sorry, no, it is not :-(
http://www.backports.org/package.php?search=openoffice

AB