Re: [schooltool] Re: skolelinux and ubuntu and schooltool

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:46:13PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Nicolas Pettiaux]
> > What are the possible collaborations, if any, between SkoleLinux and
> > ubuntulinux and schooltool, both "products" financially supported by
> > Mark Shuttleworth, the first one based on a recent debian and the
> > other one aiming at creating a rather comprehensive tool to help
> > with the management of schools ?
>
> Yes.  We are in (semi)regular contact, and try to find more ways to
> cooperate. :)

For more information, as the package maintainer, I plan on proposing
SchoolTool for inclusion in Ubuntu main and allowing it to enter debian
testing as soon as a database upgrade path is available and tested.

Also, the serverside SSL, tcp wrapper and debconf pre-seeding support were
specifically added to address concerns raised earlier on the debian-edu
list earlier [1].

Also, I am at the ubuntu conference right now so I think that future
communication should not be a problem.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2004/09/msg00029.html

--
Brian Sutherland

That both ladies finally believed beyond any doubt something which had
originally been pure conjecture is not in the least unusual. We,
intelligent people though we call ourselves, behave in an almost
identical fashion... - N. Gogol