Re: NFS disconnects periodically

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 19:55 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> [Randy Edwards]
>
> > The client will freeze/lockup (no keyboard response or mouse
> > movement, nothing) for 5-10 seconds, then come back to life for a
> > second or two, then freeze again for 10 seconds or so, and then
> > will act normally.  Since those two machines are not critical in
> > what they're doing, I haven't worried about it but it sounds like
> > what you're seeing.
>
> Could this be a half/full duplex issue between the network card and
> the switch?  Try to force the network card and the switch to use the
> same setting.

Well, ethtool had rather negative effects.

But the so called on-board intel nic might be rather a foreign brand:

lspci:

01:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1050 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Micro-star International Co Ltd: Unknown device 728c
        Memory at fe5fd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        I/O ports at c400 [size=64]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

lspci -n:

01:08.0 Class 0200: 8086:1050 (rev 02)

Any knowledge on that device? According to
http://pciids.sourceforge.net/iii/?i=80861050 it could be:

1462:728c 865PE Neo2 (MS-6728)
or
1462:758c MS-6758 (875P Neo)

It runs with e100 driver. I'll try to get a hand on the original offer.

Regards
Ralf