Re: ltsp-usb

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Have a look at usbguid2sd at http://greenfly.org/scripts.html
>
> And the accompanying text at http://greenfly.org/tips/usb_drive.html

Thanks.

> That was probably using a 2.6 kernel, right? There's been clever moves
> regarding recognizing and mounting devices lately - related to pmount,
> hotplug and hinting of what drives are removable in recent kernels.

Yes, it's 2.6.8 with pmount and hotplug.  It must be said it's very nice
working with many digital cameras too.  Ubuntu very quickly became my
standalone linux desktop distro of choice.  Mostly just due to them
managing to create a free, up-to-date, version of Debian.

> (haven't checked, but it may actually be "just working" now on my
> lessdisks setup, but I doubt same approach will be possible with LTSP).

Really?  That sounds very interesting.  It's definitely time I started
experimenting with lessdisks.  I think I see a window at about 4am on
25/12!

Gavin