Re: ltsp-usb

Jonas Smedegaard skrev:
On 08-12-2004 13:47, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:

Works for me :-)

Maybe your pen isn't /dev/sda1 but
/dev/sda?

This inconsistency across drives is a real pain.  In linux in general my
pendrive is always /dev/sda4.  I guess this implies an odd partition table.
I'm still unsure how to reliably predict the partition number on any
pendrive except by trial and error.

Have a look at usbguid2sd at http://greenfly.org/scripts.html

And the accompanying text at http://greenfly.org/tips/usb_drive.html

It doesn't do exactly what you need, but helps figure out where in your
infrastructure to hook into and hack those extra bits tying things to
floppyd.

Trying Ubuntu linux recently, it `just worked' for the first time popping
up right away on the desktop.

That was probably using a 2.6 kernel, right? There's been clever moves
regarding recognizing and mounting devices lately - related to pmount,
hotplug and hinting of what drives are removable in recent kernels.

(haven't checked, but it may actually be "just working" now on my
lessdisks setup, but I doubt same approach will be possible with LTSP).

Yes, it's been noted that you doubt that things work with LTSP. It's not very productive or helpful for the users of the installed base of LTSP clients to keep making this point.

 - Jonas

Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff
Life is a reach. Then you gybe.