Re: ltsp-usb

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:

> Works for me :-)
>
> Maybe your pen isn't /dev/sda1 but
> /dev/sda?

This inconsistency across drives is a real pain.  In linux in general my
pendrive is always /dev/sda4.  I guess this implies an odd partition table.
I'm still unsure how to reliably predict the partition number on any
pendrive except by trial and error.  One way is to do:

cfdisk /dev/sda

and see what partitions it reports.

Trying Ubuntu linux recently, it `just worked' for the first time popping
up right away on the desktop.  Doing this with ltsp is of course somewhat
more challenging.

Gavin