Tweaks and Surprises

Hi there,

this is Ralf reporting directly from his lab, where I volunteered to spend a
sunny weekend tweaking my skolelinux system :)

One issue, one mail, I know, but for convenience reasons I'll post my output
all together in a single web formular ...:

(1) To know who was the last user that successfully used machine number xy,
I added this line to ltspserver00:/etc/kde2/kdm/Xstartup :

echo $USER $HOSTNAME $DISPLAY `date` >>/var/log/kdm-sessions.log

(2) I just was told: multiple logins are not allowed, after I tried opening
a second session on another machine. This is alright, because we use a
corresponding script. To my surprise, however, not only the second session
was restarted, but also the first session just logged out automatically!
Luckily there were no open documents.

(3) I still cannot access https://tjener.intern:10000 when the proxy is
enabled in my browser. State tjener.intern as an exception for proxy usage
works.

Regards
Ralf

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl