Re: Outcome of Custom Debian Distro Workshop in Florence

|| On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:17:14 -0400
|| Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

>> We need only provide a file in a default way like DEBIAN/preseed and
>> then process it on dpkg-preconfigure.
>>
>> IMHO, this is the way to go.

jh> IMHO, you'll have a hard time getting such a field into policy. Not so
jh> hard a time getting it into debconf, but I would still prefer to
jh> consider other alternatives. If we had some way to set the order
jh> dpkg-preconfigure used to run scripts, when we could just put a config
jh> script first that did the preseeding, for example.

I didn't understand which order. You say to:

 dpkg-preconfigure:

  - run-preseeding
  - run-config

That's it?

If yes, is exactly what I want. We need change apt-extracttemplate to
extract one file too (possible a preseed file or someother) and pass
it to dpkg-preconfigure. This was my initial idea.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116