Openoffice Fonts lack typographic quotes and Euro

Hi there,

I thought this issue had been solved in our lab, but as ltsp server is based
on pr-47, tjener is venus 1.0, we still miss typographic quotes and euro sign
in open office. Instead, questionmarks are displayed.

Our workstation is a 1.0-r1 (or the like) from cvs and displays all chars
correctly. Our skel (tjener!) apparantly also lacks some settings to save
users at first login from selecting their language (kpersonalize).

I already tried to post-install all kind of packages like
euro-support euro-support-x xfonts-intl-european

Or does this only take effect after all sessions of openoffice are stopped?

Thanks for any hints
regards
Ralf