Re: FAQ splinters

On Monday 27 September 2004 20:33, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag 21 September 2004 20:03 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> > Q: Can't I increase my vertical sync over 60 Hz using "vesa" as driver?
> > A: No, you need an appropriate driver. Matrox cards should work without
> > trouble.
>
> I kept trying to stop our teachers' workstation's screen flickering --
> installed some xserver-svga and few similiar packages. tried out quite a
> bunch of alternative drivers - no results yet (GForce 4). 'nv' doesn't work
> at all, so I doubt that 'nvidia-glx-dev' could help. Buying another graphic
> card seems inevitable.
Have you tried to do an xserver-xfree86 update from  the ERPOSS CD of
'Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik' (BSI) Germany?
Its a woody taylored for german authorities wich comes along with a lot of
backports. ERPOSS CD was made by credativ Germany and was introduced at
LinuxTag Karlsruhe this year.

At least the update worked fine here, but due to lack of nvidia cards I cant
examine your specific problem.

Bye,
Thomas