Re: FAQ splinters

Am Dienstag 21 September 2004 20:03 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> Q: Can't I increase my vertical sync over 60 Hz using "vesa" as driver?
> A: No, you need an appropriate driver. Matrox cards should work without
> trouble.

I kept trying to stop our teachers' workstation's screen flickering --
installed some xserver-svga and few similiar packages. tried out quite a
bunch of alternative drivers - no results yet (GForce 4). 'nv' doesn't work
at all, so I doubt that 'nvidia-glx-dev' could help. Buying another graphic
card seems inevitable.

regards
ralf