Re: konqueror doesn't use proxy by default

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:33:07PM +0200, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> before making it a bug report, I like to double-check:
>
> Today we engaged some blacklist for squid. We wondered why pages weren't
> locked that should. Then we closed our DSL router for all machines but
> tjener. And suddenly no traffic went out at all. We found out, that only
> Opera used webcache:3128 as proxy by default, whereas mozilla and konqueror
> don't. http_proxy is set to http://webcache:3128.

Which version is this of the CD ?
dont remember when, but mozilla has had settings for proxy since before
1.0 . This is done in the file /etc/mozilla/prefs.js

> Manually entering the proxy settings into konqueror created this file:
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/kioslaverc:
> ========================
> [Proxy Settings]
> NoProxyFor=localhost
> Proxy Config Script=
> ProxyType=1
> ftpProxy=http://webcache:3128
> httpProxy=http://webcache:3128
> httpsProxy=http://webcache:3128
>
> I found this file in a central positions, two, this is:
> /usr/share/debian-edu/common/share/config/kioslaverc

You could also copy this indo /etc/skel/.kde/....

> But aparently, it is not used by konqueror automatically.

Yes, it should. But do you really want to use konqueror 2.2 for
webbrowsing ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no