Webmin and dhcp3-server

Greetings

In debian-edu we have a small problem (among of some bigger ones).

We need to use dhcp3-server to make it easier to manage thin clients
booting either with pxe or with etherboot. But to manage the
dhcp3-server we also needs to have a administration frontend for it. As of
now, we uses webmin for our administration tasks, but there is a
conflict between webmin-dhcpd and dhcp3-server.
well, actually the conflict is that webmin-dhcpd depends upon
"dhcp-server | dhcpd", while dhcp3-server provides none of them, but
instead conflicts with dhcp, which is the only package in sarge that
actually provides dhcpd.

This is bugged in BTS as #260608. I submitted a patch to create a
webmin-dhcpd3
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=260608&msg=5), but
I'm not sure if it's the correct way to deal with the problem.

I guess the first bug-report for this is actually #204306, where it's
assumed that dhcp3-server will replace dhcp-server eventually.

Well, it doesn't look like it's going to happen for sarge, and even if
it did, the config file for webmin-dhcpd will still be wrong for a
dhcp3-server installation.

looks like the problem really is #139873

Any thoughts about how to solve this.
Even though all options that are availible in dhcp3-server is not
configurable in webmin-dhcpd, I know of none where webmin-dhcpd breaks
the config of dhcp3-server. If so please, tell, as we really depend on
dhcp3-server and webmin-dhcpd working together in debian-edu

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no