Re: Status on Sarge (testing) version of Skolelinux

tirsdag 7. september 2004, 00:20, wrote Joey Hess:
> The 2.4.28 kernel in sarge has some oops problems with some computers.
> Unfortunatly that includes mine, so I can't tell if the current CD works
> past the initial debian install. I think this will be fixed in the next
> build of the CD though as the fixed kernel reached sarge today.

I don't know if this works for you, but the problems I have found with the
sarge cd I have discovered running it with qemu, and then I have checked it
with a real computer to see that it is a "correct" error.
Have you try'd qemu ?
If so do you have oops here to ?
If not, here is Petter's recipt:

mandag 15. mars 2004, 22:01, wrote Petter Reinholdsen:
> I've just tested installing skolelinux using qemu.  It is not as
> flexible or "userfriendly" as VMWare and bochs, but it is fast.  Here
> are instructions to test skolelinux in a virtual machine on woody.
>
>  - Fetch qemu backport (APT source 'deb
>    ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local').
On my sid box, "apt-get install qemu" did the trick

>  - Fetch CD image from
>    <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian-cd/woody-i386-1.raw>.  I use
>    'rsync -B 150000 -av --progress -c
>    developer.skolelinux.no::skolelinux/woody-i386-1.raw
>    woody-i386-1.raw' to update my copy.
Repleced the woody part with cd-sarge/sarge-i386-1.raw

>  - Create disk image for qemu: 'dd if=/dev/zero of=disk bs=1M count=1500'

The sid install demanded more space to run, so I had to increase the count to
2500

>  - Run qemu with 50 MB ram, booting from CD with the disk image as HD:
>    'qemu -m 50 -boot d -cdrom woody-i386-1.raw disk'
Once again repleced woody with sarge......

--
-Frode

In 1869 the waffle iron was invented for people who had wrinkled waffles.