Re: squid ACLs and LDAP

Le mer 01/09/2004 à 17:21, Kurt a écrit :
> * Gavin McCullagh <lists_gmc@fiachra.ucd.ie> [040831 00:13]:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I guess this is a feature request.
> >
> > Some schools will not be willing to hand out web access to just anyone on
> > their network.  I know of at least one which currently uses the password
> > system in squid to restrict such access.
> >
> > This would be a very useful feature to have available in the debian-edu
> > toolset.  The most convenient way would seem to be granting web access on a
> > unix group basis.   I'm not sure how well it works but the ldap_auth
> > modules for squid would seem a logical first guess.
> >
> > http://freshmeat.net/projects/ldap_auth/
> >
> > The basic idea would be to allow some users (eg teachers, seniors) only.
> > More than that though, one could imagine certain groups being given
> > restricted access either to certain sites or even to filtered content.
> >
> > I realise that filtering or restricting net access may cause philosophical
> > issues for people but the situation is often that people may be given
> > restricted access or none at all.
>
> Hilaire (skolelinux.fr or ofset) has startet to use squidguard
> with the packets included in skolelinux. (squid, squidguard and
> blacklist)
> He uses a blacklist server for schools in Toulouse.

Yes that's it.
For those who need to quickly install a working squid-guard blacklist
protection you just need to install the package at:
ftp://developer.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/pool/local/s/squid-skolelinux/

Beware the default squid and squidGuard configuration files of
Skolelinux are not modificated. You have to do it by after installing
squid-skolelinux.

To help you, working configuration files are ready to be used in the
/usr/share/doc/squid-skolelinux folder.

Regards,

Hilaire

--