Re: Installation problems and other questions...

Le Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:16:10 +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no> a écrit :

> look at
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/install_without_autopartkit.txt
>
> There I have installed Venus Main+ltps-server on a laptop, in addition
> to sarge (main installation), win2k and WinXP for test.

Ok. I've done almost the same path, except I don't use lvm...

> If you have only 1 thin client (if I understand you correctly) there is
yes, it's right.

> no problem using only one NIC. You have 2 options:
>
> Using a dummy interface dummy0:
>  in /etc/network/interfaces:
>   replace eth0 with dummy0
>   replace eth1 with eth0
>  in /etc/default/dhcp3-server
>   remove eth1 from the list of interfaces to listen to
>
> or you may rewrite /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf and /etc/exports to set the
> thin-client on eth0

Thanks for suggestions.

I want to make a try with the minimum hardware to show how it can works.
I'll
probably re-install « the standard way » if I convince it's usable in
this particular hardware configuration.

	Fred.