Re: RFS: schooltool

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:38:04PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com) [040906 20:24]:
> i guess schooltool does not supply its own http server but relies
> on apache anyway? Brian?

No, it provides it's own server. but for ssl it needs to be set up as a
virtual server of apache.

Then the outside request goes to apache via ssl and then to the
schoolbell server. The schoolbell server then is configured only to
serve local requests (127.0.0.1).

At least that is how I currently understand the situation after a few
hours of looking at it.

Can you see why I am hesitant to add a dependency on apache?

--
Brian Sutherland