Q: comfortable passwd changing for students?

Hi there,

we just discussed how to let pupils change their passwords. One option is
using wlus - someone told me that mortal users (= non-admins) are led
directly to the corresponding wlus module.

Anyway, there are further options:

Under Linux, it has to be proven, that passwd changes also the samba password.
In this case, kdepasswd could be a userfriedly front end.

Under Windows, hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del offers "change password" (NT 4). This
however is blocked out in smb.conf:

# Disable changing of password using samba
  unix password sync = yes
  passwd program = /bin/false

Don't know, for what reason an if enabling would allow MS Windows users also
to change the unix pw at once?

Any experiences? Theories?
Thanks
Ralf