Conspicuously many "bad file descriptor" in strace from CUPS (attached)

I'm troubleshooting a failing CUPS setup at an elementary school in Oslo,
and one of the mysteries is the
"restart_job: job #n cannot be restarted - no files!"

 I did an strace when the admin clicked "Restart" on an aborted job
(the main problem; all jobs get aborted) to find out which files
"no files" referred to.

 The strace (3505 lines, gzipped and attached) contains a lot of
"bad file descriptor".  Would anybody care to look for anomalies?

--
Herman Robak