Status for Sarge-based Skolelinux?

The FAIR project (see http://fair.no/english/home.htm) is setting up an
information office in Oslo. One of the things we'll have here is an
internet café running Skolelinux.
Plans include Linux (and applications) courses now and then, (perhaps
even some food and drink if there is need,) and a meeting place for the
interested.

We'd like to show the latest and greatest of Skolelinux, to some degree
run it as a test lab, but we'll also need everything to work. We'd be
happy to see something sarge-based working, but there's also the
questions of installation and stability.

Things begin for real at the first of September, and we'll need to have
most things ready till then.
Soon after, both of us technicians will be gone to Eritrea for two or
three months, to set up some four hundred Skolelinux thinclients with
servers and the works, and see to the education of teachers and admins
so they can feel safe with the system and run it smoothly.

So, unless we can count on some good Skolelinux sysadmins to see to
things at the office here in Norway, we'll have to manage without for
these months.

I can do the necessary custom fitting of whatever Skolelinux version we
decide on for some few days, but not much more.

You folks think we can handle Skolelinux-Sarge as it is now?
I can use some of the developer gathering to find out more, but what do
you think?

Harald