Re: Helping Debian-Edu

 || On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:08:12 +0200
 || Thomas Templin <lists@gnuwhv.de> wrote:

 tt> There seems to be a brasilian schoolserver project as Georg Greve
 tt> told me some days ago. Gearg has been to south america in the
 tt> last weeks.

I don't think I spoke about Schools, specifically.

What I told you about is the Brazilian Telecentro project, which is
the largest digital inclusion project in the world with a planned
amount of 300.000 telecentros in 3 years -- all done with Free
Software.

They have their own distribution for this, which is also using things
based upon the LTSP, IIRC.

What I saw specifically was a Telecentro in Sao Paulo

 http://fsfeurope.org/events/2004/FISL/fisl.en.html

In general, I have to say that the Brazilians have understood Free
Software very well and are successfully putting it into practice for
social change and education for a while now.

It was quite amazing.

Regards,
Georg

--