Rules for the stable package-repository on developer

Hello,

and congratulations with 1.0 everyone! :)

Now the stable repository on developer.skolelinux.no will be used by
people who installs 1.0 when doing upgrades, and it's important for us
that the upgrades does not break anyone's system.

To deal with this we will have to be very careful when uploading new
packages to that repository, and I think it would be useful to have
some rules regarding uploads to that repository.

I spoke to Petter about it on IRC yesterday, and have the following
proposal:

 1. All packages that is uploaded to our stable archive on
    developer.skolelinux.no, must be presented on this list
    (debian-edu@l.d.o) and have other developers and testers accept.

 2. If no one complains, there will be a _small_ group of people (not
    yet defined) that have write-access to the repository, and can
    upload the packages when the "discussion" is finished on the
    list.

 3. In cases where we cannot agree, Petter will have the power to
    decide whether the package is allowed to enter the repository or
    not.

Of course, we still want to build daily images with our improved
system, and need to include packages from woody-test (or another
test-repository) in the daily built CD's. I'm sure Petter have more
info about this, but I got the impression that a newer version of
debian-cd was preferable.

Comments?

- Werner