Re: Server down? Overload?

Hi Rune,

Am Montag 21 Juni 2004 17:53 schrieb Rune Nordbøe Skillingstad:

> I guess your proxy got some problems connection to ftp.skolelinux.no,
> and that is probably because the max connection limit were hit.
>
> http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E502.html have a nice explanation
> of 502 errors.

Well, it was me allone working - and with apt-get update all other
sources (security and so on) could be fetched, but the address
mentioned above was not reachable even for update.

> Usually you just have to try again later.
>
> To get those packages, you could add a standard Debian Woody mirror
> to your apt/sources.list

That's what I did eventually - hopefully there is no confl icts (the
version for tcl read plain 2.8 instead of "tcl8.2 8.2.3-9" there IIRC)

> Choose the nearest mirror for http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
>
> Goody luck fetching your packages,

No probs, thanks
Ralf