Re: Help: "Login failure"

<zitiere wer="Hilaire Fernandes">
> Le jeu 03/06/2004 à 20:58, Ralf a écrit :
>
>> Considering that the used hard disk has 18 GB, I think that < 500 MB
>> for /skole/tjener/home0 is way too few (RC-3), did I miss such thing as a
>> front end to LVM-resize?
>>
>> Will I be easy to mount the old hard disk (/dev/sdb now) containing an LVM
>> filesystem?
>
> Unfortunately resizing of logical volume seems not to work as we should
> expect. Umounting the partition before resizing it does not work well
> engought either, one has to repeat umount mount several time (don't know
> how many time). I have a random note there
> http://ofset.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/SLresizeLV

I think, not the resizing of the LV is the problem, but resizing of ext3-FS.
Maybe using xfs would help, so a 'expert-mode', with manual partitioning and
adding mounts would be great.

> As the sizes partition proposed by Skolelinux installer are too small
> and the tools to resize the partitions are not working as one will
> expect, it will be wise if the  partition created by the installer could
> be wider? So we could avoid the LVM resize step.

The worst thing seems to be putting /usr on a too small LV, because to resize
ext3, you need to umount it, but then you haven't got access to resize2fs any
more :-(

read u

Frank