Re: Help: "Login failure"

Hey Alex,
thanx for replying - this is a short update:

Am Donnerstag 03 Juni 2004 18:05 schrieb Alex Brasetvik:
> This, rather undescriptive error message, occurs when the module is
> unable to connect establish a connection to the LDAP server. The error
> message is replaced with a better one in newer versions of
> webmin-ldap-netgroups.

The message was "login failed" and was displayed within the KDE login dialogue
for 1-2 seconds).

> Obviously, since you can't access neither wlus nor
> webmin-ldap-netgroups, you've got some issues with your LDAP-server
> and/or resolving. If the LDAP-server is running, are you using the
> correct name servers so "ldap.intern" resolves correctly?

Well, as you may know from irc, now, the /var  partition went nuts after I
stupidly applied a resize command to the lvm partition without previously
unmounting it (there were no complaints, though). The /var branch showed 101%
usage in "df" and some Zillion bytes used.

(I had been naive enogh to adapt one of kurt's lines from the bashhistory to
do the job. When trying to fix the partition, fsck mangled the file system
eventually.)

We could restore /var/ldap and most other paths from lost+found, but this did
not suffice to get the system back to running).

Eventually we decided to reinstall RC-3 from scratch, while preserving the
former hard disk (hot-plug scsi). There weren't really many personal
accounts, yet, so that the loss is bearable.

The Reinstallation did not succeed yet, but this will be another thread.

Considering that the used hard disk has 18 GB, I think that < 500 MB
for /skole/tjener/home0 is way too few (RC-3), did I miss such thing as a
front end to LVM-resize?

Will I be easy to mount the old hard disk (/dev/sdb now) containing an LVM
filesystem?

Thanks
regards
Ralf