Re: default file system?

[Knut Yrvin]
> The ext3-issue is important for huge data-centres with thousands of
> users.

Nah, I do not think so.  Data-centers with thousands of users will
provide the file system using some kind of distributed file system,
and the network will be the bottleneck, not the local filesystem
performance.

I believe local filesystem performance is most important for services
like news servers and perhaps high performance calculation systems
with large data sets.  I've never experienced a service where the
bottleneck was the local file system performance.