Re: huge "music.raw" files fill up home0

Am Thursday 29 April 2004 19:13 schrieb Klaus Ade Johnstad:
> torsdag 29. april 2004, 18:56, skrev Ralf:
> > Several home directories contain a file named "music.raw" sized up
> > to 360 MB! I fear that those were autogenerated, maybe by dcompris
> > (or by any other program using sound and redirecting it to a file).
> >
> > Is this suspect true? How can I redirect audio streams to /dev/null
> > by default?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ralf
>
> What is the contents of these files? Is it music? I've never seen
> gcompris make such files, and if this file has the same name and size
> in different home-dirs, then I would have a serious and long talk
> with this users, this can't be a coincidence.

I am quite sure you cannot download such files - the generic name
"music.raw" lets me think that is plain wave data stream that one could
send to /dev/dsp. Well, actually I should have done so in order to know
its contents (what was the undelete command? :)

It was actually on 3 PCs only, so it is propably not gcompris coz this
was started on more than one machine. Maybe it is a flash game at
dereuro.de or whatsoever who knows - our squid is still open for
everything.

If it was loaded from the web, I should find it in the squid log...

see you
Ralf