Re: Help Please: KDE refuses login to any client (WS incl.)

Am Wednesday 28 April 2004 15:46 schrieb Christian Andersson:
> so if you run "df -k"  when logged in to the  fileserver (or the
> thinclient server) you will find out if the "home" mount has bbeen
> filled up.

hi and sorry - this WAS the reason!

Dear friends,

sorry for panicking - the problem was as easy as this:

Indeed, the partition containing the skole/.../home0 directory
run out of memory! That's it!

Just the reason for this is frightening: Several users' home
directories contained a file named "music.raw" sized ca. 306 MB

I fear that this was autogenerated, mybe by dcompris (or by any
other program using sound and redirecting it to a file).

Can anyone check this, please?

To have later messages identified easier, I'll give the exact
error message I got by starting a session manually from a work
station by typing
"X -query dhcp150 :1"

Error:
AUDIT: Thu ... (Date&Time) 880 X: client 2 rejected from IP 10.0.0.2.250
port 54393

___
Now I deleted the music.raw files and everything works (sigh).

Thanks
Regards
Ralf.