Re: mozilla that works

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:38, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Herman Robak wrote:

> |  And the Java packages in Debian stable are truly
> | ancient.  You pretty much have to use unofficial
> | packages, or forego anything more involved than
> | running Java applets.
>
> What is your point in the above?

 Java applets and precompiled Java apps are just
a subset of the Java universe.  If you only have
JRE, not JDK, your capabilties are limited.
 You can't teach Java programming with just JRE,
for example.

> I suggested discussing with debian-legal@ the possibility of legally
> packaging and redistributing a newer version of SUN's JRE.

 And vented my frustrations with Java and Debian
in general.  I don't blame Debian.  I'm just not
very happy about the situation.

--
 Herman Robak