Re: Help Please: KDE refuses login to any client (WS incl.)

Hi Christian,

thanks for replying....

Am Wednesday 28 April 2004 15:46 schrieb Christian Andersson:
> Hi there, one of the most common thing I've read about and
> experienced when users cannot log into kde on the thin client is that
> the different partitions are full.

Okay, I must admit that I forgot to check this - but there was no
according message...

> If KDE cannot write to the /tmp directory on the thinclient server it
> cannot log in, what you need to check here is if the /tmp directory
> is full, you can do that when running the "df -k" command.

In this case, however, the workstation should be able to login. This is
not the case. (Workstation is a thick client connecting directly to
tjener)

> if it is not /tmp that is full it can also be the mount that holds
> the home directories that is full. in an earlier version it was
> /skole/tjener/home0 or something like that. this mountpoint resides
> on the file/ldap server.

I doubt that very much as I was able to write there (tjener console)

Anyway, I have to check the file systems. That's for sure...
Regards
Ralf