Re: education-main-server meldet broken packages

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:46:22PM +0200, Frank Weißer wrote:
> Yesterday I made a new installation of skolelinux pr47 Main- and ltsp-server
..
> Today i tried to make another apt-get update/upgrade (4 hits) and afterwards
> wanted to apt-get install the 'kept-back' packages: debian-edu-conf and
> education-main-server. The latter depends on samba and webmin-samba, which are
> reported not to be installed, but they are! With aptitude i found that the
> outstanding upgrades for debian-edu-conf and education-main-server exclude
> each other.

That is my mistake. I edited debian-edu-config yesterday, and added a
conflict with samba < 3.0.0

This is because we want to add samba-3.0.2a
Samba is copied in from backports.org, but i forgot to doublecheck
which other packages that are needed.
Right now I'm in the process of recompiling samba 3.0.2a on my
test-server, and when done, I will add them to the apt-source.

Could you by the way file a bug on this, on bugs.skolelinux.no ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no