Re: wlus 1.3-1, please test.

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 11:53, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Klaus Ade Johnstad (klaus@astro.uio.no) [040426 23:26]:
> >
> > mandag 26. april 2004, 22:46, skrev Andreas Schuldei:
> > > i wonder especially if the different colors in the fileimport
> > > table are confusing or if people want to know WHAT is wrong with
> > > the usernames.
> >
> > I hope that it's useable without the colours as well, I know an admin
> > who is colourblind...
>
> as lonog as he can tell apart light and dark (and if he reads he
> does to some extent), he will be just fine. the rule of thump
> is: "(any) colored (and therefor darker) table cell is BAD".

 Whether the colour is perceived as darker or brighter
depends on the user's colour vision.  Unless the brightness
contrast is high, you can't be sure.
 As a rule of thumb, you can assume that most colour blind
people perceive red as equally bright or darker than
normally sighted people do.  If the red colour has lower
brightness, the colour blind will perceive it as darker.
However, this may make it harder to read.

 Colour blind people don't have black and white vision.
(except in some really, really rare cases)  They just
have more or less distorted colour vision.
 You may think red is generally brighter than blue.
But that's not how many colour blind people sees it.

--
 Herman Robak