[Fwd: Re: webmin-ldap-users meldet: Software error]

-------------------------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---------------------------
Betreff: Re: webmin-ldap-users  meldet: Software error
Von:     Frank Weißer <frank.weisser@mauscircus.net>
Datum:   Mo, 26.04.2004, 15:31
An:      skolelinux@mauscircus.net

Hello all, and hello Petter ;-)

o.k. i try in english:

I just got my Main- & Terminalserver installee and apt-get
updated/upgraded.Then i wanted to test ldap with Samba kommunication (I faced
a problem with that before), now i get a webmin-tool error: The first one i
did not store,it was a  Perl-Skript error, then i checked the program/version
(webmin-ldap-skolelinux) and had an aptitude webmin-ldap-user-simple 1.2-29
installed with following result:
> Software error:
>
> LDAP Error: LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR Server encountered an internal error
>   at /usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/ldap-users.pl line 49.
>
> For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error
message and the time and date of the error.

> The scriptline is:    die "LDAP Error: "
>
> I had: Debian Netinstallation with Kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs ; took
Kernel-Source-2.4.26 and built Athlon-Kernel w/o hpt-Modules, made Modules
for hpt772-OnBoard-RAID by Highpoint-source; did arestart, got RAID-Arrays
running, built LVs (same names as standardinstallation);
/etc/apt/sources-list set for ftp.skolelinux.no; apt-get update; apt-get
install
> education-main-server education-ltsp-server (ok some dependencies had to be
solved by hand). Got a apt-get upgrade just for security and after the first
error with webmin-ldap aptituded webmin-ldap-user-simple 1.2-29 .

By now, i found /etc/slapd.conf NOT being a link to
/etc/slapd-skolelinux.conf ! So old slap.dconf renamed, link to
slapd-skolelinux.conf and voila:

Software error:

Unable to connect to LDAP server on host "localhost": Connection refused  at
/usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/ldap-users.pl line 42.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

and the line is:
    $g{ldap} = Net::LDAP->new($server,version => '3')
        || die "Unable to connect to LDAP server on host \"$server\": $! ";

I don't know Perl (yet!)! , but why can't the script (?, webmin?, me?) not
connect to Server?

Don't mind my english and

HELP!

bye