Re: I'm really astonished (Was: LinuxTag 2004)

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [040422 10:32]:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
>
> > Little comment to the situation last year:
> >  We were around 3 or 4 people, including Kurt, Frank and me, who were on
> >  the one hand presenting SL, at the debian booth, and on the other hand
> >  were helping organizeing the LinuxTag. So there was no way to ensure,
> >  that there is someone of us at the debian booth all the time.
> >  This might - hopefully - change this year, as there are more people,
> >  joining the force :-)
> As I said: I'm not among the people criticising your behaviour.  I really
> like your work but we have to fix this and the first step is to *contact*
> the Debian booth team and *explain* *them* (not me) how you plan to care
> for Debian-Edu / SkoleLinux.  There were rumors that SkoleLinux and Pingos
> wanted to share a booth (at least *I* know, that this is not really true),
> but if *you* do not fix those rumors at the relevant places (see the links
> I posted) you will end up without a booth which will be a real shame.  So
> please join the discussion at debian-events-eu immediately.

1) at linuxtag 2004 we plan to have a classroom with skolelinux

2) martin herweg has started to coordinate, please have a look at

http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/LinuxtagSkolelinux

3) Bert from the German squeak group will give a lecture for teachers in
this classroom

4) i am still planning a little schoolserver developer conference at linuxtag
Linuxmusterlösung, GEE Schulserver, Novell/SuSE, Arktur, Slix
will be invited, perhaps the austrian slix developer are coming,
and i would like to have the spanish people from LinEx and
quardalinux in Karlsruhe

5) there is a big interess for demonstration of skolelinux in
practice from teachers

we need help from debian people
- theire are always a lot of questions about debian
we still need hardware
- we need mor thin clients
we need support from karlsruhe linux user group, because the
classroom is in their neighborhoud
- to get monitors and other tecnical things
we need support from the pingos
- to answer the teachers questions

and i hope, that we will have as much helpers from the german
skolelinux team, as in chemnitz

Regards/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt
--