Re: Short report from testing the WLUS 1.2-27

fredag 23. april 2004, 00:56, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> I do not buy this argument.  In my experience, 6-year olds are able
> to remember anything they want to remember.

To cow has forgotten how it was to be a calf :-)

Read page 18:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/rapporter/statskonsult_2003_24.pdf

The schools with hundreds of ICT-managers don't even know what password
is beacause of the Windows 95/98 usage in Norwegian schools. This is
unfortunate, but it's the reported experience from more than one
school. When starting at 4 grade and upwards, this is no problem at
all. But in early stages this is a part of a larger learning
process :-)

I think that the idea from Andreas to tighten the passwords as a matter
choice in a configuration-panel is a good idea. Then the ICT-admin can
adjusted the password-strength in Webmin. The default config could be
set to strict password-creation.

This config-posibility is not suported in WLUS 1.2-27 yet. And the
function combined with the bug when creating password is not resolvable
for a ordinary ICT-manager:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/testing/wlus/wlus_tc_014_try_TeSt1Ng_as_pw-error.png

- Knut